Sunday 6 January 2013

Wardrobe: Things won't change






Knit - Mango / Jeans & Flats - H&M / Bracelet - Pandora / Clutch & Necklace - Vintage 

Good morning everyone! So, I was thinking: As we are still in the first week of 2013, it should be ok to do a post about new year resolutions - right? But no, I won't tell you all the things I would like to change this year. I will rather tell you about 5 things that I want to maintain - today, everything just changes all the time and isn't it better to keep some things instead of turning them upside down every year? 


1. Buy Books

I always loved books no matter if they were big novels or very nice coffetable books. And in 2012, I started spending money on them again - yes, maybe it would be more clever to buy a Kindle instead of carrying three big novels around but no - nothing beats the smell of a new book in my room.

2. Go to the Cinema

I spent nearly the whole year 2012 in Paris and started to develop a real passion for French cinema and cinema in general. Maybe this is a bit oldschool too, with all the streaming and stuff, but I just loved spending two hours in one of the small cinemas of St Germain on a rainy Satuday afternoon.

3. Wear Flats

With 1,74m I'm not one of the shortest girls so I don't have to wear killer heels everytime I go out of the house. However, I tend to wear at least 3cm heels because I always used to think it makes the legs look nicer and walking more elegant, too. Then in 2012 with all the trainers walking around, I started to realize that hey, this doesn't look too bad either - and it's much less painful on a whole day running. So I won't say no to my heels but I will continue saying a little bit more yes to trainers and flats in general.

4. Invest in High Quality

Yup, Zara, Mango, H&M are great - but investing my money in more high end pices was the thing that made me really happy in 2012. I don't need to wear high end from head to toe but what I learned is that one high quality piece can make your Zara/Mango/H&M outfit go from nice to fabulous!

5. Wear Dresses

I love skinny jeans because I think they are the easiest pieces to combine with. However, jeans don't make me feel like a nice little dress does. I started wearing colourful, silky dresses in 2012 and realized in how many ways you can combine them and how good they make you feel. I just feel more girly and stylish wearing a dress and therefor I will try to keep "dress-ed" also in 2013. So I think you will see quite a few dress looks on Allure. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit taller than you are (1,77m) but I don't really dare to wear high heels... I always have the impression to be as tall as the Eiffel Tower :(

    Iva

    XxX

    http://beblondedontbestupid.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete